> On May 11, 2016, at 10:14 AM, Vladimir.S <sva...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In this case (if this is a such good feature) IMO we should think about
> making the trailing commas *required*. In this way we will be consistent in
> either do we have trailing commas in Swift or don't. Otherwise we'll have a
> zoo in our sources/projects.
>
> I don't think we need to have the same rules for commas "everywhere we have
> comma-delimited syntax".

We've generally shied away from legislating style; see our rationale behind not
requiring `self.` for an example:

https://lists.swift.org/pipermail/swift-evolution/Week-of-Mon-20160104/005478.html

In languages where trailing commas are pervasively allowed, such as Perl,
Python, Ruby, and modern Javascript, I haven't seen any indication that this is
a major problem. Less blood has definitely been shed over it than over bracing
style and other style wars.

-Joe