Hello,

Does the proposal fixes the errors introduced by the latest May 9 snapshot ?

Since IUO are abolished
(https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0054-abolish-iuo.md)
 and pointer nullability is expressed using Optional
(https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0055-optional-unsafe-pointers.md),
 I get many errors as soon as I use libdispatch:

        let sem = dispatch_semaphore_create(0)
        dispatch_semaphore_wait(sem, …)                         // Error: Value
of optional type not unwrapped
        dispatch_semaphore_signal(sem)                                  //
Error: Value of optional type not unwrapped

        let source = dispatch_source_create(…)
        dispatch_source_set_event_handler(source) { … } // Error: Value of
optional type not unwrapped
        dispatch_source_set_cancel_handler(source) { … }        // Error: Value
of optional type not unwrapped
        dispatch_resume(source)                                         //
Error: Value of optional type not unwrapped

Of course, it's easy to fix. Still, the fix is usually adding a bang (!),
because most apps prefer crashing when dispatch_semaphore_create or
dispatch_source_create fails. And if I don't mind using bangs when it's the
best solution, I can't be happy to see bangs everywhere.

In short: libdispatch is currently in its worst state ever :-)

Cheers to all,
Gwendal Roué