> In the implementation of the subclass, there has to be a call to one of the
> superclass's initializers. If all of the superclass’s initializers are
> non-public, then there’s no way to write your own initializer. (This is
> actually true in Swift today.)
I want to point out that this strange behavior can actually be useful:
As of now, you cannot create a public subclass with internal ancestors — it's
all or nothing.
When you keep the initializer of the base class internal, you practically seal
this class, but it's still possible for framework clients to access the public
subclasses supplied for them.