> On Feb 15, 2017, at 10:52 AM, Tony Parker <anthony.par...@apple.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Charles,
>
> Have you happened to file a radar for Foundation that I can look up (for both
> this and process)?
>
> We are working hard on making sure that our API is right for Swift, and areas
> like this where we can make fairly trivial improvements are things that we
> can try to prioritize. As you say, the purpose of swift-corelibs-foundation
> is to present a unified API and prevent the need to fork. That means the best
> possible solution is to improve the API in Objective-C (where
> exceptions-as-control flow is wrong too) first, and then naturally flow that
> into Swift.
>
> Thanks,
> - Tony

Honestly? I don’t remember. I feel like I would have sometime around 2005 or
2006 or so, since that’s probably about when this first started bothering me,
but it’s been a decade, so my memory is hazy. I do know that in the meantime,
“considered harmful”-type articles have been written about these classes, like
this one from eight years ago:

https://mikeash.com/pyblog/friday-qa-2009-11-13-dangerous-cocoa-calls.html
<https://mikeash.com/pyblog/friday-qa-2009-11-13-dangerous-cocoa-calls.html>

If you think it will actually prompt someone to change this, I’d be happy to
write up a new one, although I figure it would almost certainly just get
flagged as a duplicate.

Charles