> On Feb 20, 2017, at 10:58 PM, David Hart via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
> The scoped keyword is a good choice not only because the community has been
> calling this feature “scoped access control” all along, but also because the
> principle underlying all of Swift’s access levels is the idea of a scope.

I think the second part of this sentence undermines the argument for `scoped`
as a keyword: if *all* access levels are about scope, then *this* access level
should not be called `scoped`, because the keyword should describe what's
*different* about this access level.

That's not to say "scoped" is a bad name, but I think it's good because the
space inside curly braces can be thought of as a "scope". So I'd revise this
sentence to something like:

        The scoped keyword is a good choice not only because the community has
been calling this feature “scoped access control” all along, but also because a
variable's scope is traditionally restrained to the curly-brace-delimited block
the variable is declared in, and that's the behavior `scoped` implements.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies