> On Mar 31, 2017, at 3:07 AM, Haravikk via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
> Is it actually in-use or just reserved? Not sure I've ever needed it in the
> debugger.

Pop into the REPL for a minute:

        $ swift
        Welcome to Apple Swift version 3.1 (swiftlang-802.0.41 clang-802.0.36).
Type :help for assistance.
          1> "hello"
        $R0: String = "hello"
          2> $R0
        $R1: String = "hello"

You may not have ever noticed it was there, but it was.

> What about @? It has a certain appropriateness in how it reads for a path
> like: @Person.friend.lastName

We're already using @ for attributes; I don't think we want to overload its
meaning.

> Another alternative might be something like an unnamed compiler directive,
> for example: #(Person.friend.lastName)
> If you consider the statement to mean "expand this".

The unnamed compiler directive seems like *really* valuable real estate,
arguably much more so than unresolved-member-on-KeyPath-type is. I think it'd
be foolish to assign it to anything before we have a macro system designed.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies