> On Apr 3, 2017, at 2:28 PM, David Hart via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
> Btw, I know what I'm going to propose is a bit crazy, but how about making
> private visible to extensions even outside the file but in the same module?

That’s actually what I suggested in my original post on the topic. My feeling
was that it would allow breaking a particularly large type into separate files,
thus alleviating the “huge file” problem that Swift has (and which Charlie
Monroe brought up as a concern).

It’s still what I’d prefer personally, although I can understand why the core
team might want to restrict it to files.

Charles