I’m concerned that we will have access control changes in a future version yet
again, when light-weight modules, or other type of enforced namespace is
introduced. Does the core team have any foresight on how this change would
interact with such things? I had the same concern for SE-0159 as well.

There’s a implicit drawback to all access control changes that migrator/fix-its
cannot fix: we organize our code with tools in the language. Some colleague of
mine had came up with schemes that combines file scope and Swift 3 `private` to
hide details among separate protocol extensions, for example. Code ends up in
certain places for a reason and updating access control invalidate those
reasons.

I hesitate to support any changes until we have some ideas for what “ultimate
glory” looks like.