> On Jun 23, 2017, at 7:46 AM, Elviro Rocca via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
> It's probably late to just casually add a couple of cents to a discussion
> that has been going for so long, but it seems to me that from a user
> standpoint, that uses types to structure their programs and define logic and
> relationships, isomorphic types should be considered the same by the
> compiler. The added burden of distinguishing between, to say, a function that
> takes 2 arguments and one that takes a single tuple of two arguments doesn't
> seem useful at all, at least from the standpoint of the types involves. All
> the rest, like named parameters or tuple labels, are just really about style
> and convenience, but isomorphic types, while not strictly equal (the very
> concept of "equal" is in fact a huge deal in abstract mathematics) are for
> all means "equivalent" for the world-modeler.

Doesn’t seem useful?…

let myFunc: (MyTypeAlias) -> Int = /* … */

Does the function pointer have a single parameter? Or does it trigger
Super-Secret Tuple-Destructing mode and actually indicate two parameters? My
secret unknown single type should always be a single type, no matter what kind
of type it is.

—
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie