Thanks for the update!

> -  We currently have swift-evolution and swift-evolution-announce.  Should we
> use a specific “category” in the forum for "proposals that are in active
> review" — and possibly remove the need to have something like
> swift-evolution-announce?
Guess swift-evolution-announce is the right place to ask this question… but I
don't know where the answers should go ;-)

> Just to help frame the rest of the discussion on this thread, the intention
> is to move all of the lists to Discourse.
All lists, and a single instance of Discourse?
I don't remember if there was a discussion about Discourse in swift-dev… imho
that list doesn't suffer from the problems that evolution has.
Also, it will be very easy to cross-post from users to evolution (without
switching from Mailclient to browser and search for a post in the archives), so
imho a strong separation has no downsides.

> - Should we have other topical areas to organize discussions?  If so, at what
> granularity?
There are some topics (multithreading, metaprogramming, reflection, generics,
ownership…) that imho couldn't be pushed forward on the mailing list because of
their size.
I hope Discourse will help to manage concepts that don't fit in a single
proposal (there's a wiki posts feature that sounds promising) and allows
talking about features that can't be implemented soon, but might be affected by
short-term changes.
There are already some manifestos written, so I guess there might be Core
members with special interest in certain topics who could act as patron for
"their" subject.

I'm quite sure that moving to a forum will increase the number of posts
dramatically — but it also offers help to manage higher throughput:
- We could have one or more focus-topics for each release ("X is up next, other
topics won't receive much attention from Core")
- With likes, there's an easy way to signal agreement to an opinion without
flooding the ML. This could help Core to to find relevant input.

Looking forward to login ;-)
- Tino