> On Oct 11, 2017, at 10:21 AM, Cory Benfield via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
> This user will never swap away from the default, so the question is which
> failure mode is preferable. I’d say it seems pretty obvious that “my program
> is slow” is a better failure mode than “my program is vulnerable to data
> exfiltration”.

Not only because "too slow" is safer than "too vulnerable", but also because
"too slow" is something you can easily observe during development. Presumably,
a web search for "swift randomIn slow" (or whatever) will then turn up blog
posts and Stack Overflow answers explaining how to use a faster RNG.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies