> On Nov 10, 2017, at 6:10 PM, Matthew Johnson via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>
> Setting this aside, I’m very curious to hear whether type providers influence
> your thinking after you’ve had a chance to look into them.  I have always
> thought they were very cool.

I’m in favor of solving this problem with something like type providers also.
The required compiler changes would be significant but would also clean up the
interface between the ClangImporter, Sema and Serialization. If done right it
would be a net gain that would benefit all users, instead of just adding
YetAnotherCornerCase™ that makes implementation maintainers curse and scream.

Slava