Sorry for not being clear. My english isn't very good either.
What I meant was static module linking (loading and unloading) for Swift
modules. Also with initialization and deinitialization for Swift modules.
It's alright then. I just want to make sure. I'm a Pascal/Delphi programmer and
sometimes I rely on such features in my applications. As a new and considered
as modern programming language, I thought Swift would provide more advance
features than Pascal/Delphi does.
Thank you.
–Mr Bee

    Pada Kamis, 22 Desember 2016 10:12, Joe Groff <jgr...@apple.com> menulis:

> On Dec 21, 2016, at 7:11 PM, Mr Bee <pak.le...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Unloading Swift modules will likely never be supported, since this would
> > impose a ton of complexity and performance cost on the runtime for little
> > benefit.
>
> Hmmm… so Swift will only support static linking? I thought Swift is a modern
> programming language with modern and advance features. Even Pascal/Delphi has
> had those features since ages ago.

Swift supports dynamic linking just fine; like I said, "dlopen" works.

-Joe