Dear Swikig Readers,

  as the last event of the Semantic Wiki community, I invite you to our 3rd
session in the Semantic Wiki Mini Series.

  The programme of the session on 2008-12-11 is a who-is-who in Semantic
Wikis:
----------
1) Markus Kroetzsch will introduce Semantic MediaWiki
This talk gives a brief introductory overview of the Semantic MediaWiki
(SMW) system, which currently happens to be one of the most widely deployed
semantic wikis. The talk reviews SMW's basic functionalities and underlying
technologies,. Moreover, various relevant applications of SMW that can be
observed today, ranging from classical wiki sites to new innovative
scenarios, are introduced as well.

2 ) Yaron Koren introduces and explaines a number of SMW extensions, namely:
Semantic Forms, Semantic Drilldown, Semantic Google Maps, Semantic Compound
Queries, Data Transfer and possibly also Semantic Result Formats.

3) Daniel Handsch from Ontoprise presents the HALO-Extension, current
feature-highlights and ways forward

4) Raphael Volz shows a rules prototype in SMW

5) Ken Baclawski and Peter Yim: Talk on the idea of purple numbers, the
Purple MediaWiki Extension and Purple SemanticMediaWiki

6) Jie Bao: we will show how SMW can be applied in modeling knowledge that
is not natively supported by the SMW core, when co-opted with several other
extensions. We show use cases in OWL editing, controlled natural language
interface, rule inference and integrity constraint checking.

We still have some slots for Lightning Panels left - i case you have to say
or show something - email me to get your 3-minute-slot.
------------

All details for joining (it's really just a phone call, Skype works often
but not always):
are here:  http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_12_11

Kind Regards and a nice Christmas time,

      Max Völkel
      [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://Xam.de
Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts, Az: 14-0563.1 Regierungspräsidium
Karlsruhe.
Vorstand: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Rüdiger Dillmann, Dipl. Wi.-Ing. Michael Flor
Prof. Dr. Dr.-Ing. Jivka Ovtcharova, Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Rudi Studer