> On May 10, 2016, at 5:58 AM, Sergey Bylokhov <sergey.bylok...@oracle.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi, Alan.
> Can you please take a look to the proposed solutions? Thanks.

Approach 2 matches what I currently do. The problem noted by Rajeev does not
happen because my popup factory calls setPopupType() on each call to the public
getPopup() before invoking the superclass method.

I think the original version of Approach 1 would work. My factory would
override the public getPopup() method and pass true to the five parameter
method.

I think the revised version of Approach 1 does not work for me because the new
flag is only tested if the first attempt to create a popup fails.