On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 5:55 PM, Alexandr Scherbatiy
<alexandr.scherba...@oracle.com> wrote:
> On 6/16/2016 5:40 PM, Lindenmaier, Goetz wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

> we have test machines without X server. On these many of the jdk
>
> jtreg tests fail with a headless exception.
>
> We grepped for this exception in the test output and identified
>
> about 450 tests.
>

> In these tests, we added with another script "@key headful".
>
>    What is a number of tests which passe in headless mode?
>
>   I would expect that an ordinary client test which use Frame and fails in
> headless mode does not require a special key by default.

Hi Alexandr,

I don't quite understand your concerns, but the purpose of this change
is to make it possible to simply exclude all tests which require a
"headful" environment from a jtreg run.

There are AWT/Swing tests which can be run even without X server. For example:

java/awt/image/DrawImage/DrawImageCoordsTest.java

Others, like for example:

java/awt/image/DrawImage/EABlitTest.jtr

will throw a Headless exception and fail:

java.awt.HeadlessException:
No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an
operation which requires it.

With Goetz's change we can simply exclude all the test which require a
headful environment by specifying "-keywords:\!headful" to jtreg.
After all, I think that's the purpose why the "headful" keyword has
been introduced.

If there's any other simple way of excluding all tests which require a
headful environment, please let us now.

Regards,
Volker