Hello Bernd

Spiess Bernd wrote:
as i know many postings around the world regarding
pppoe mtu problems and advices to customers to
reduce mtu on their clients down to 1492, i wanted

The problems with MTU 1492 could be on other places, eg. if a web server admin decides to filter ICMP on his server which will prevent Path MTU Discovery to work. For example this can have the effect, that from a website (hosted on a server which does not get the ICMP messages) the HTML part arrived (smaller then 1500 bytes), but the corresponding pictrures do not. I did once write a paper about the ADSL MTU problem, see "Swiss ADSL with PPPoA (and MTU 1500)" [1] for more informations.

  [1] http://www.wenks.ch/fabian/ADSL-PPPoA.html

I hope for you, that ADSL with PPPoA will also work in Austria.

bye
Fabian