On 8/3/07, Per Jessen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > We can't do ActiveX, but a command line php client would be quite
> > useful.
>
> never mind, I've just found their email interface:
>
> http://www.aspsms.com/smtp/

Their XML Interface is working well too. If you plan to use SMS to
monitor critical systems, don't forget that using a 3rd party service
adds several layers for possible errors.

While aspsms is very reliable in general, I have had cases where their
servers didn't respond or the accepted message didn't get delivered.
They offer ways to get a delivery notification, but any kind of
failover mechanism has to be built into the customers software.

Adding support for a second provider (like clickatell.com) would
probably be wise too.

regards

Flavio