Hi

>> It's a little expensive if you have many SMS'es - does anyone know who
>> to contact (e.g. at Swisscom) to get a package-deal with a direct TCP
>> interface?
>
> There's a service provider called "aspsms" we used in the company I
> worked before. AFAIK they provide direct socket connections and
> reasonable costs. Probably you find their website in Google.

  http://www.aspsms.ch/instruction/prices.asp

They provide also a webservice interface which is very easy to use.
A plus: reports about successful delivery of the sms.

I can give you a perl and php client example which works with aspsms, if
you are interested.

Regards,
Patrick Feisthammel
--
Citrin Informatik GmbH                       Phone: +41 44 940 6161
Steigstrasse 55, CH-8610 Uster, Switzerland  Fax:   +41 43 399 0506