Hello

Benoit Panizzon schrieb:
I just got in contact with the swiss advocate of a company who sends us such messages about our users sharring copyrighted content.
[...]
So ist this true? Do most of you guys issue warning to your users if you get such messages?

IANAL and I am not an ISP (currently). But I think you should not do too much. Otherwise you take the risk doing something illegal yourself and helping people who don't deserve it. It is possible that this lawyer does not want to sue anybody because he is nice. But it is at least as possible that he couldn't sue anybody with the information he has and tries to scare them using you as the relais.

The question comes to my mind if you should (or even have to) inform your users that this advocate and the company he works for is accusing them to break the law. That has two effects: - User who didn't do anything can take action against false threats (the argument that you shouldn't be too sure that you can stay anonymous works for both sides). - User who really did something might think about it (which is not *that* bad either - at least it frees you some bandwith).

But before you do anything you should throughly check if using your connection data for any such thing doesn't mean breaking a law at your side.

Regards
    Peter