Hi Vincent,

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008, Vincent Magnin wrote:

Michael Horn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :

As you have already seen in this thread, an ISP have to give information
to UVEK-DBA only.

That is what i meant to express - until you are forced by law to comply,
don't do anything that might harm you or your customer. If this is the case - e.g. in the above stated UVEK-DBA - comply politely as far as
minimally needed. I think we agree on that point.

I'm not a lawyer, but if the ISP forward the information to the client,
and if the client contacts the original sender of the mail, it's somthing
like an "indirect leak of information".

Which would be in deed a very dumb thing to do as the customer.
But I sometimes forget, that - at least some - customers don't always act
very wisely. You got a point there in deed.

There is no clear law on this subject (at least on Switzerland).

As an ISP, I would ask my lawyer before doing something.

Which costs money - often considerable amounts. So best thing until
more evil things than anoying people sending you emails happen:
Mail -> Rundablage.

cheers
Michael