yes, Venty, everyone wants to know what you talk about in your
private communications.

don't be silly, just use it as any other public communication platform,
be it Gmail or internet forums. If you need to transport sensitive data, use
secure channels for it. If you need to communicate to few hundred of your
contacts,
there's not much alternative, because most of them use skype anyway.