Stanislav Sinyagin schrieb:
>> From: Andre Timmermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>

>> Am Mittwoch, den 08.10.2008, 03:55 -0700 schrieb Stanislav Sinyagin:
>>
>>> yes, Venty, everyone wants to know what you talk about in your
>>> private communications.
>>>
>> Yihaaa, the *****ng "I don't have anything to hide"-statement.
>>

> nope, it's the other thing: If I need to hide something, I use the right
> tools :)
>
> so, if I go once and buy 1000 paper knives, I will not pay by my plastic card
> and won't use any Supercard or Cumulus :-)

Well, in the former GDR (DDR, East Germany), when they had elections,
people could use the polling booth to mark the ballot paper in privacy.
But most people choose not to - it looked too much as if they had
something to hide and might want to vote with "No" (GDR was "famous for
99.9%" results.

What people don't seem to "get" is that privacy is something you've got
to maintain while you don't really need it - because if you let it erode
to the point that it no longer exists, it's too late and you can't
reclaim it without large and painful sacrifices.

Rainer