that is not a limit ip is ip ..private or public or mcast..whatever this
are just numbers.

you can set up the ripe whois database server as you like. So there are
no limits. You have a mail interface webinterface and every tool to
query on port 43, and a solutions to sync your stuff with the ripe whois
database server, it is called sync updates.

this are pro tools if you know what i mean, and of course opensource.

here are the docs:
http://www.ripe.net/db/docs.html

have fun and luck to find your solution :)
wish you a nice day

michael