Hello Fredy, list,

Fredy Kuenzler [Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 11:17:25AM +0100]:
> Peter Keel schrieb:
> > * on the Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 09:54:11AM +0100, Marc Hauswirth wrote:
> >> After the presentation of "Netclean whitebox" at last Swinog
> >> meeting from Pascal Seeger and Grégoire Galland, we are pleased to
> >> announce that now two ISP in Switzerland are using it to filter
> >> their Internet access to block pedophile content.
> >
> > The opposite of "good" is "good intent".
>
> As said earlier, IMHO the authorities should purchase the system for all
> serviceproviders. This is not a matter of marketing, this is too serious.
>
> http://www.blogg.ch/index.php?/archives/785-Netclean-Whitebox-effektive-Methode-gegen-Kinderpornografie-im-Netz.html

Thank you for the nice explanation.
As you know, I pretty much respect you, but in this case I absolutely cannot
agree with you.

Imho, any ISP should refuse with all power it has to even install such a global
filtering mechanism into his network.

We all know that the topics change
(child porn, nazis, terrorism, copyrighted data, unwanted politics, hacking,
crypted data, your site)
(maybe even in that order), as time goes on.

So what you propose is a central administrated filtering mechanism, which
is one of the worst things that can happen.

Just thing of RIAA or chinese government controlling (as in "political
influence")
those boxes.

I personally will propose every ISP that implements that strategy for the
BigBrotherAward, killing the last freedom in the internet.

Nico

--
Think about Free and Open Source Software (FOSS).
http://nico.schottelius.org/documentations/foss/the-term-foss/

PGP: BFE4 C736 ABE5 406F 8F42  F7CF B8BE F92A 9885 188C