Adrian Senn wrote:
> Claudio Jeker schrieb:
>

>> Are you willing to pay more?
>
> Shure im not.

s/Shure/sure/ ;)

[..]
> It would be interesting to know the sources from where the DDOS Attack against
> Swisscom came. And was it over peerings or from an upstream provider. I know
> if
> you can't work together with the provider from where the traffic came, then
> you
> have already filled pipes.

Doesn't matter. The moment that you host site X in your network which
you make available only for peering, and you also have site Y which is
peering+transit, one can just attack site Y and you will go down.

Then you send a polite mail to the $ISP and say "I'll DDoS Y if you
don't take care of X", and that is what happened in this case from what
I upto now understand.

Nothing that really can be done about this, except of getting rid of all
the bots.... and that is a very difficult problem.

Catching the people who are doing this is the proper way to go. This
requires proper legislation and clueful people who can enforce those
rules along with cooperation of ISPs.

The bad thing about all of this that in a way it will limit the freedom
that people have on the internet, but if that is the only thing that can
solve that problem, then so be it...

Greets,
 Jeroen