We probably all followed the discussion in Germany about the "Bundestrojaner" and how it failed.

And of course, a trojan spying on citizens is a major impact in privacy, which is not acceptable.

However I don't think, that it's possible to create such a trojan and use it, because of the following facts:

- It's not very easy to put a trojan in a system of a prudent user, who updates regularly and doesn't open every mail or document received.
- Virusscanners will soon know the trojan
- The swiss government doesn't have enough power to force antivirus software creators to ignore the trojan.
- Not all criminals use Windows ;-)

Still I'm happy, that we SwiNOGers are not the only ones worrying and/or fighting this project. Even if this project doesn't work, it will burn lots of money while trying to do so.

Kind regards,
Viktor