From: swinog-boun...@lists.swinog.ch [mailto:swinog-boun...@lists.swinog.ch] On
Behalf Of Viktor Steinmann
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2010 8:25 AM
To: swinog@lists.swinog.ch
Subject: Re: [swinog] BÜPF...again ; )

It's a poor world some of the SwiNOG members live in.

- Facebook bashing is hip among the IT community. However on Facebook you only
share what you want to share and you can even lie about all of your personal
details, even create a fake personality. If you have privacy concerns, don't
put it on the Internet - be it Facebook or any other site. In any case it's in
no way comparable with someone spying on your private computer, where you keep
your "real" private data, not the crap you put on Facebook.
- We live in a direct democracy and therefore are responsible for our own world
and society. If you're unhappy with that - try to find a better place, or try
to change it by joining the policital class. Just muttering is not going to
help.
- Last but not least some people have the constant feeling, that the government
is trying to rip them off or f**k with them every second of their life. That's
just paranoid. The government is trying to run a country. The people working
for the government sometimes have ideas on how to improve processes - just like
in any company. The good thing is, that we can judge their ideas and have the
power to stop them if we're not happy with them (something you most probably
don't have in your company).

It's good to be alert and question decisions, but don't overdo it. You might
end as an unhappy person.

Kind regards,
Viktor