I read some of your wiki/files to see the project and it looks promising to me.

I fully support andy's statement ,-)
What I missed in Rancid was the option to extend commands per chassis / type.
Especially new devices such as ASR1k & Co. are not known and therefore some
stuff is missing.
Other stuff has to be excluded (e.g. tracelogs & foo.bar files which are
generated daily) for specific models.

What is also important is the option to use the tools to do some mass-updates
(like with 'clogin'), maybe this can be improved with some intelligent feedback
options (e.g. task: "update interface" -> was is ok or did it failed? or IOS
upgrades - maybe with some options to do rollbacks?).
Sometimes we update ~4k CPE's with clogin and parsing / checking the output can
be painful ,-)

But to come back to needed features for at least me to replace rancid:
- CVS storage of configs (--> cvsweb.cgi to see / compare them)
- threaded / parallel collection --> must be speedy ,) (we have ~5-6k devices
in rancid; working fine today)
- optional mail notification of diff's (e.g. by some categories? like a change
in interface ip's trigger an update? but then ignore configuration changes for
VRF's to trigger a mail - but keep them in config-CVS ,-))
- toolset to access / massupdate devices
- configuration with wildcard syntax (we use "vpn-*" as hostname with separate
login for CPE's than core devices - different policies must be configurable ->
see .cloginrc )
- must support more than one vendor - and be flexible (we hacked in something
for Quagga, some differt cisco policies, etc.)
- should exist as a FreeBSD Port *smile*

if you need any help in modules (especially cisco modules) let me know.

-steven