Hi

As a small web hosting provider we are planning to switch from physical-only
servers to virtualization. So far, our favorite virtualization platform is
OpenVZ under Debian Squeeze. We might consider running Proxmox as host system
but prefer sticking with plain Debian (even though the future of the
OpenVZ-kernel is not guaranteed). Our main goals: hardware independency,
reliability, maintenance (single kernel virtualization), power efficiency
(reduce number of physical servers), cost.

We're looking for a Swiss hosting provider who is actively using such a single
kernel virtualization technology. What's your experience with OpenVZ? How about
resource separation of containers (VPS)? Have you got any experience running
complete containers off a NFS-mounted NAS/SAN? How about performance in a web
hosting environment with resource peaks on various servers?
We would greatly appreciate if anybody could share his experience with OpenVZ
(or similar single-kernel virtualization) and get in touch with us for some
consulting.

Thanks.
Regards, Philip

--