Am 19.04.2012 06:22, schrieb Matthias Hertzog:
Good monrning

I'm trying to figure out the best day, time and interval for our
maintenance window. When do you have your maintenance windows? What
interval? How does swisscom, cablecom and the others do it?

I'm not working at an ISP but we have a server-based software out there that is used on cargo freighters which can be using the server from any timezone at any time.

Generally it depends what exactly you want to do. If you want to minimize the amount of impacted customers, you need to know where most of your customers actually are.

In general, swiss lunchtime is actually a very good time, because the traffic is low from Europe due to lunchtime, while USA just went to bed. But Asia is more impacted. If something goes wrong, you are in a time where you should be able to reach your suppliers, etc.

Regards,

René