> Am 23.12.2014 um 13:06 schrieb Q-X GmbH - Pascal Wagenhofer
> <wagenho...@q-x.ch <mailto:wagenho...@q-x.ch>>:
>
> Hallo SWINOGer
>
> I hope, you’re enjoying already the holidays somewhere around.
>
> We’re having here a little difficulties with a german lawyer. We’re offering
> shared hosting services. One of our customers is sharing links to
> uploaded.net <http://uploaded.net/>, which contains music, which might be
> copyright protected.
>
> The german law agency is now requesting the data of the owner which –
> apparently – we cannot provide due to restrictions of the data protection law
> of Switzerland. They’re supplying us this
> judgement:http://www.justiz.nrw.de/nrwe/olgs/koeln/j2011/6_U_87_10urteil20110325.html
>
> <http://www.justiz.nrw.de/nrwe/olgs/koeln/j2011/6_U_87_10urteil20110325.html>
> .
>
> Question to the community:
> 1.       What are you doing in such situations? (Yes, appart from contact
> your lawyer ;-) ).
> 2.       Did you have similar issues and how did you handle them?
>
> I wish you merry Christmas and a happy new year.

How much jurisdiction does a German court have in Switzerland anyway?

Can’t you ask them to go to a Swiss court in Lausanne or wherever that stuff is
handled?

Oh wait, that would mean additional cost (like working with a lawyer in
Switzerland, of all things), most likely without a ROI in the end.
So, it’s easier trying to intimidate the hosting-company.

If what whois provides is not enough - tough luck.

Rainer