Von: swinog-boun...@lists.swinog.ch [mailto:swinog-boun...@lists.swinog.ch] Im
Auftrag von Andre Timmermann
Gesendet: Sonntag, 7. Februar 2016 14:17
An: Tobias Brunner <tob...@tobru.ch>
Cc: swinog@lists.swinog.ch
Betreff: Re: [swinog] DNS Admin tool

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 07.02.2016, 13:35 +0100 schrieb Tobias Brunner:

> > What kind of tool do you use? Webmin? Plesk? vi?
>
> VIM and Git / Gitlab.
>
> We're using Knot, that's a great authoritative DNS server. And we
> created some CI/CD magic around zonefile management: A Gitlab CI jobs
> takes care of incrementing serial numbers, checking syntax and
> deploying zonefiles to the hidden master. Queries are only done to the slaves.
> This works great for us...

I was about to write the same thing.

We do not maintain a lot of zones. We use vi or another text editor. The files
are checked into Gitlab and Jenkins does various tests (including checking if
the serial has been changed ;) The puppet takes over and deploys the file to a
hidden master wich uses AXFR to update the real DNS servers.

Andre