Good evening,

Gregor Riepl <onit...@gmail.com> writes:

> [...] you should even put the project on a public collaboration platform to
> allow for easy pull/merge requests. ;)

Gregor, if I understand you correctly, you are implicitly saying "please
put your stuff on one of the big sites like github/gitlab/bitbucket".

I personally think that this is the wrong direction to move, as it
makes the Internet more dependent on a few entities. That makes it less
robust, as we have seen in the censorship case at github related to nationality.

Instead I recommend to decentralise and actually provide your code
from your own system.

I understand your point that it should be easy to contribute, but maybe
it is a more sustainable way to fire up your own git service and have
your code pulled in from your machine, preferable via IPv6?

Just my 5 Rappen,

Nico

--
Modern, affordable, Swiss Virtual Machines. Visit www.datacenterlight.ch