The real answer, net to using it for target practice, shredding and melting
down is much easier: Full Disk Encryption.

Just lose the encryption keys and the data is useless. If you then also do one
of the above for fun, just added bonus.

FDE helps for the "my disks got stolen" case, but also for the "disk broke"
case, and just letting a random remote hands person remove them: one does not
have to trust that they are destroyed properly, as nobody, but hopefully the
sysadmins, have the FDE keys.

Of course, FDE does not help when the disk is online and one can SSH or
otherwise execute code on it, but that is a different problem.

Regards,
 Jeroen

PS: Food for thought: what is worse, Financial Services or Advertising?
    [and at least you are not scamming people with ponzi schemes, right...? :) ]