Hi Adrian,

On 07.06.23 21:33, Adrian Ulrich via swinog wrote:
I'm pretty surprised that of the 1.7M domains with an MX record, only 57% have
DKIM

I don't see how one could reliability gather this data from DNS:

DKIM allows you to specify a selector in the header of the mail: This mail for
example will use 'sx1' as the selector (check out the header ;-) ):

$ dig +short txt sx1._domainkey.blinkenlights.ch
"v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQC[....]

But without ever receiving a mail from me: how would you know?

You could try to send a query for '_domainkey.blinkenlights.ch' and you MAY
receive a NOERROR reply - but that's not guaranteed: My DNS will just return an
NXDOMAIN:

$ dig txt _domainkey.blinkenlights.ch|grep status:

Your nameserver breaks https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc8020

   This document states clearly that when a DNS resolver receives a
   response with a response code of NXDOMAIN, it means that the domain
   name which is thus denied AND ALL THE NAMES UNDER IT do not exist.

Daniel