Hi Stuart,

It would seem to be more a confusing inaccuracy than a serious flaw? so perhaps
leave it and have an errata note.

Cheers,

Julie

On 13 Oct 2011, at 09:46, Stuart Lewis wrote:

> Hi Jesús,
>
> Thanks for your email.  As you know, we've already talked about this offline,
> but we bought it online to see what the general consensus is.  With issues
> like this in the spec, to correct it would require an updated version with
> new version number.
>
> Because the current spec was published a few years ago and the 1.3 spec is
> quite mature, it is hard to tell if releasing a new version would help.  With
> lots of effort being put into SWORD v2 also, we need to decide about the
> future maintenance of the v 1.x spec.
>
> What do people think about this?  Should we publish a new version (1.3.1), or
> leave it as it is, and perhaps document somewhere on the swordapp website
> about this?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Stuart
>

> On 9/10/2011, at 8:53 PM, Jesús García Crespo wrote:
>
>> Hi there!
>>
>> We aim to use SWORD to deposit content between Archivematica [1] and Qubit
>> Toolkit [2] projects. I have been looking closely at the SWORD Profile 1.3
>> specification [3] and I have found two confusing points under section 3.1
>> "No-Op (Dry Run)" and 3.4 "Development Features Example".
>>
>> As I can read under section 3.1, if the client is using the No-Op extension
>> the server "SHOULD return a status code of 200 Successful". Should not be
>> "200 OK", as defined in [RFC2616]? In the other hand, under section 3.4 the
>> server response status code is shown as "HTTP/1.1 200 Created". I understand
>> that using No-Op extension the server will return the status code 200
>> instead of 201, but I belive the status message should be "OK". I could
>> understand the purpose of putting 200 and Created together, but is not that
>> confusing?
>>
>> Thank you in advance.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> [1] - http://www.archivematica.org
>> [2] - http://www.qubit-toolkit.org
>> [3] - http://www.swordapp.org/docs/sword-profile-1.3.html
>>
>> --
>> Jesús García Crespo,
>> Software Engineer, Artefactual Systems Inc.
>> http://www.artefactual.com | +1.604.527.2056

Julie Allinson <julie.allin...@york.ac.uk>
Digital Library Manager
University Library & Archives, Harry Fairhurst Building
University of York, Heslington, York, YO10 5DD, UK
tel: ++44 (0) 1904 324083
skype: j.allinson

web: http://dlib.york.ac.uk/
blog: http://yorkdl.wordpress.com/
projects: http://www.york.ac.uk/digitallibrary/
(JISC YODL-ING, OpenART, LIFE-SHARE, AQuA, ESRC IRIS, AHRC Court, Country, City)
calendar: http://tinyurl.com/jal-gcal

disclaimer: http://www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm