To second that, some amazing things being done down here in Australia as they
take *large* data off of scientific instruments. /dff

From: Ben O'Steen [mailto:bost...@gmail.com]
Sent: 14 November 2011 23:54
To: Stuart Lewis
Cc: &lt, sword-app-tech@lists.sourceforge.net&gt,
Subject: Re: [sword-app-tech] How to send large fiels

+1 for deposit by reference. It is almost like giving a metadata receipt for a
deposit not happening via the http route.

I would also highly recommend looking at High-Performance SSH or HPN-SSH. On
comparable hardware, I have been shown that it outpaces even grid-ftp for file
transfer speeds, but is a backward compatible patch for the openssh library.

This means that if the server and client are both patched, the transfer is
multithreaded and otherwise highly optimized. It means that Unix tools which
use SSH benefit as well - rsync, ssh -X, and so on.

Ben
On Nov 15, 2011 10:37 AM, "Stuart Lewis"