Hello,

I would like to ask if there is any working example of SwordV2app client
working with mets.xml metadata (METSDSpaceSIP), I was checking the examples,
but all use SimpleZip for package submitting, or if there is a porting guide
from V1 to V2 METS.

I have been using mets.xml with swordv1 client for zip packaged document
ingestion, the header contained X-Packaging:
http://purl.org/net/sword-types/METSDSpaceSIP . The metadata attributes were
under  <mdWrap MDTYPE="MODS"> in the mets.xml file.  This was working fine with
older DSpace repository.

I was trying to port the doc submitter to new DSpace (1.8.1) using swordv2
protocol,  but there seems to be some problem with the package ingestion. I am
currently using METS with zip packaging, the mets.xml is done with
MDTYPE="OTHER" OTHERMDTYPE="EPDCX"  according to the PHP swordapplib example.

the error message I see in the server is:

Cannot find named plugin for interface=org.dspace.sword2.SwordContentIngester,
name="application/zip"

the package content gets then submitted without metadata, the dspace then
states on the web that document was submitted without metadata. The document
title is then Untitled: + content doc filename without first letter.
I was trying to swap the X:Packaging to Packaging, I did try also the mentioned
http://purl.org/net/sword/package/METSDSpaceSIP instead
http://purl.org/net/sword-types/METSDSpaceSIP, but as i remember, it was always
submitting without the metadata stored within the mets.xml inside the zip file,
with same error. In one header test case it did state this error message,
without content ingestion.

sword2-server.cfg:
------------------------
accepts = application/zip, image/jpeg

plugin.named.org.dspace.sword2.SwordContentIngester = \
  org.dspace.sword2.SimpleZipContentIngester =
http://purl.org/net/sword/package/SimpleZip, \
  org.dspace.sword2.SwordMETSIngester =
http://purl.org/net/sword/package/METSDSpaceSIP, \
  org.dspace.sword2.BinaryContentIngester =
http://purl.org/net/sword/package/Binary, \
  org.dspace.swordpackagers.SwordDocXIngester =
application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document, \
  org.dspace.swordpackagers.SwordXifIngester = image/jpeg

plugin.named.org.dspace.sword2.SwordContentDisseminator = \
  org.dspace.sword2.SimpleZipContentDisseminator =
http://purl.org/net/sword/package/SimpleZip, \
  org.dspace.sword2.FeedContentDisseminator = application/atom+xml, \
  org.dspace.sword2.FeedContentDisseminator = application/atom+xml_type_feed

# note that we replace ";" with "_" as ";" is not permitted in the
PluginManager names
plugin.named.org.dspace.sword2.SwordStatementDisseminator = \
  org.dspace.sword2.AtomStatementDisseminator = atom, \
  org.dspace.sword2.OreStatementDisseminator = rdf, \
  org.dspace.sword2.AtomStatementDisseminator = application/atom+xml_type_feed,
\
  org.dspace.sword2.OreStatementDisseminator = application/rdf+xml

Any clue where can be the problem? I am not sure if the problem is within
metadata format,  additional POST http  request header attribute or missing
server configuration attribute, as the application/zip package is working and
the X:Packaging header provided.

thanks
Pavel Mika