Hi Marco, Hayden,

On 30 April 2012 15:46, Marco Fabiani <marco.fabi...@eecs.qmul.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi Hayden, Richard
>
> I was in the same situation you are in a few weeks ago, although I was
> trying what you are trying to do using the python client.
>
> Here is how I solved the problem:
>
> - create an atom entry (which works for you), with the header in_progress =
> True
>
> - add the file by posting to the "edit_media" url that I get in the deposit
> receipt from the previous entry creation. To do this, these are the headers
> I send:
>
> filename="myfile.xxx" (this will get the name right in DSpace)

So possibly the PHP client is not wrapping the filename in quote
marks, and the java server isn't clever enough to check that it's
actually stripping leading and following quotes, which might account
for your missing letters.  I'll check the java one - Stuart, could you
have a look at the PHP client?

> mimetype="application/zip"
> packaging="http://purl.org/net/sword/package/Binary"; (this will force the
> use of the Binary ingester, which is detecting the MIME type automatically).
>
> I also slightly modified the BinaryIngester in DSpace because there was a
> small bug (which I reported).

Yes, thanks for that.  I have incorporated your fix into the fork of
the code which I linked to earlier.  It shouldn't stop the sword
interface working, but it sure keeps the bundles much tidier.

> With these headers, and with "my"
> BinaryIngester, the file type is stored correctly. The only thing missing is
> the file's Description.
>
> I created a simple command line tool to send files to DSpace, you can find
> it here: Project: SWORD Uploader
> If you need the modified BinaryIngester, I can send you the compiled file
> (or the source if you prefer), if this could solve your problem.
>
> Another way of depositing many files is to use the SimpleZip ingester: just
> zip all the files and post them with
> packaging="http://purl.org/net/sword/package/SimpleZip"; . This will create
> an entry with a title defined by the name of the zip file. If you send the
> header in-progess=True, the entry will remain open. You can then update the
> metadata using the appropriate command.
>
> Richard:
>>As long as the mime type is in the "accept" list, then you should be
>>able to use the correct mime type in the deposit (you could also set
>>your accepts config option to */*.
>
> I tried using */* but it didn't work for me, only specific MIME types
> worked.

Ok, noted, that sounds like a bug, I'll put it on my list.

Cheers,

Richard

> Hope this help,
> cheers
> Marco

> Marco Fabiani
> Postdoctoral Research Assistant
> Centre for Digital Music
> School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
> Queen Mary, University of London
> Mile End Road, London E1 4NS, UK
>
> On 30 Apr 2012, at 13:55, Hayden Young wrote:
>
> Hi Marco and Richard
>
> Closer still to a solution I think.
>
> Richard, I commented out the offending ingester:
>
> org.dspace.swordpackagers.SwordXifIngester = image/jpeg
>
> unfortunately, this did not solve the problem but I now get the same error
> as if I attempt to ingest a PDF (I.e. file not found) so at least now there
> is some consistency. I checked all permissions on my upload.tempdir; as
> bitstreams are being successfully associated with items if I set the
> mimetype to "application/zip" I am guessing my directory permissions are
> correct?
>
> Marco, thanks for the suggestion. I did set the mime type as application/zip
> and had some success with uploading the bitstreams; that is, the bitstream
> is appearing within the item). There are two issues:
>
> 1. The file type is not detected and so it is given the file type "Unknown"
>
> 2. No matter which type of file or how many files are uploaded, the first
> letter is always dropped from the file name. So, for example my_image.jpg
> will be renamed y_image.jpg or my_document.pdf will be y_document.pdf. I
> checked my mimetype settings and both image/jpeg and application/pdf are
> registered.
>
> Therefore, I'm thinking could this be a swordv2 config issue? I have
> attached in case it assists with diagnosis.
>
> Cheers
>

> Hayden

Richard Jones,

Founder, Cottage Labs