Hi Hayden,

===
Okay I've tried a couple of methods for adding metadata and completing the
deposit.

Both:

$response =
$client->replaceMetadata((string)$response->sac_edit_media_iri,
self::USERNAME, self::PASSWORD, self::USERNAME, './tmp/atom2', false);

$response =
$client->replaceMetadataAndFile((string)$response->sac_edit_media_iri,
self::USERNAME, self::PASSWORD, self::USERNAME,
'./tmp/atom_multipart_package2.zip', false);

result in the error:

<atom:summary xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom";>Filename could not be
extracted from
Content-Disposition</atom:summary><sword:verboseDescription>org.swordapp.server.SwordError:

Filename could not be extracted from Content-Disposition

Looking at both these methods shows that they call depositAtomEntryByMethod and
depositMultipartByMethod but from what I can see, neither of these methods sets
the curl Content-Disposition header. Could this be what is causing this error?
===

I don't think that is what should be causing it - when replacing metadata (the
first case, depositing a new atom entry) no filename (content-disposition) is
required.  See the example in the spec at "6.5.2. Replacing the Metadata of a
Resource".

In the second case, the problem might be that you're trying to deposit a
package (zip file, SWORD v1-style, which requires the use of the deposit()
function) using the depositMultipartByMethod function.  This requires a
multipart file, which can be created using the packager_atom_multipart.php
class.  For an example of this in use, see test/test-packager-atom_multipart.php

Thanks,

Stuart

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.