Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

Did you see the other #ifdefs we have for av11n? I believe we define 2 things in the sword cmake file to let you know if you are using the newer version of the lib. Maybe they should just be changed to something like SWORD_1_6 now that we've committed to a 1.6.x branch.

That's true, I did a quick ugly fix, copying from the other definitions. I didn't read the changelog to see if it happens to declare those changes.

Yes, I'm hoping you added the call after actually checking that the user has agreed to the disclaimer we suggest in #include<installmgr.h>. This is very important to protect against persecuted users unwittingly revealing their use of Bible software to foes.

Unfortunately I have to destroy your hope here: we have only the static warning which doesn't have to be agreed. But I have already planned replacing it with a dynamic warning.

There is virtual int refreshRemoteSourceConfiguration(). Would it be enough if I override it, opening a dialog etc.? Now I just use setUserDisclaimerConfirmed(bool val). Is it so that the library calls refreshRemoteSourceConfiguration() before every network transaction? And what is the int return value?

Sorry :) This was coded before your last chastisement so it's already covered by a grandfather clause. I'll add comments, but basically, the logic is in the example installmgr commandline tool at:

http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/utilities/installmgr.cpp

search for syncConfig

The master list is just wrong. I believe Karl and I were testing with the list that is currently out there. When we release a final API which supports it, we will populate the master list with valid repos.

Combining these two, does it mean that the API will change? Or should I just read the installmgr or soon to come comments and use the existing API?

--Eeli Kaikkonen