Quoting Matthew Talbert <ransom1...@gmail.com>:

We also use InstallMgr without subclassing. Frankly, I don't see how
the virtual method will make it any more likely that frontends will
prompt the user. We already warn the user, so having this method at
all seems redundant.

I think the idea is that the library can take care of calling the warning dialog at proper time. The application logic needs only the dialog and not any code which decides when to call it. It just has to be bind in some way to the installmgr method.

If the virtual method was left out, I should call a checker function either every time before I do some network action or once before any network action is done. I don't want to do that, but it belongs naturally to the library.

Currently the BT UI shows a static warning in the bookshelf manager which is visible all the time. I want to get rid of that. If I remove it, I can't just set the confirmed value to true. I don't want to decide when to show it but leave it to the library - then it's shown when the user does something with network for the first time.

--Eeli Kaikkonen