Hi Aaron,

On 9/4/2011 10:50 AM, Aaron Christianson wrote:
On 09/04/2011 02:11 PM, sword-devel-requ...@crosswire.org wrote:

Message: 2
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 19:33:19 -0400
From: David Troidl<davidtro...@aol.com>
To: "SWORD Developers' Collaboration Forum"
<sword-devel@crosswire.org>
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] Open Hebrew Lexicon.

Hi Aaron,

This sounds a lot like what I'm trying to do with my Hebrew Lexicon:
https://github.com/openscriptures/HebrewLexicon

Here's an example of the way I'm breaking down the information:

H1254a. ??????? b?r??, baw-raw'; [heb; v] a primitive root; ???
(absolutely) to create; (qualified) to cut down (a wood), select, feed
(as formative processes):---choose, create (creator), cut down,
dispatch, do, make (fat).

BDB:  + I ??????? shape, create
Qal Pf.---shape, fashion, create
Niph.---/Pass/. 1. be created 2. with reference to birth 3. of something
new, astonishing
Pi. 1. cut down 2. cut out

TWOT: 278, Page 135, Status: base.

At the top is the basic Strong data.  After the BDB is the information
from BDB, which is all I really have available.  There is room for other
elements, and you could add data to what is already there.  The schema
is contained in the download package, and should be easily transformed
into whatever format is necessary for a SWORD module.

I hope this will give you a better starting point than just the Strong's
dictionary.

Peace,

David

Thanks David! This looks very much like what I want to do for the first stage of what I'm thinking about. Is it alright if I email you directly for further information?
Yes, certainly.

Aaron

Message: 3