On 07/20/2012 01:42 PM, Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
Andrew Thule <thules...@gmail.com> writes:
Chris, the '%2B' is a bug then.  Is there a bug submission process for
Xiphos I can poke?

If it were a Xiphos bug, from the menubar: Help -> Report Bug.

But I don't perceive this as a Xiphos bug.  I believe the engine filter
is where the mistake has occurred.  I don't understand why the '+'
character would be interpreted to its %2B hex equivalent.

You're right, it was in the filter. I just removed the URL encoding of the footnote marker. If any application actually depends on footnote markers being URL-encoded, I would strenuously argue that it should do the encoding itself. But there's a chance that the encoding was simply a mistake and has never been noticed because markers are generally alphanumeric.

Also, typically notes of this sort are labeled by letters or digits.  Is
there a reason why you're using non-alphanumerics?

Asterisks, obelisks, etc. are fairly common as footnote markers, too. OSIS should have no objection to their use in the note's n attribute.

--Chris