When I did a normal install of BibleCS on Windows 8.1, I had to run it as an administrator, to get Install Manager to run at all.

David

On 11/27/2014 1:29 PM, Jon Behrens wrote:
Yes, I can ftp to other sites just fine - I've been running OpenVPN for a year or so and
this is the first problem I've noticed.

I had just done a machine rebuild and had loaded up BibleCS to get some modules downloaded to develop against. This was a clean install on a newly rebuilt Windows 8.1 machine and the install manager failed to connect. Turning off the VPN fixed the
problem and I downloaded the modules I needed and turned the VPN back on.

I just tried it again - open install manager - go to remote site maintenance - click load new sources from CrossWire. Get a connection error with message - cannot
connect, please check your configuration.