Thanks, Troy!

I downloaded Bishop on an Android phone (Moto E with Android 7.1.1), and it
worked until I tried downloading spavbl2018eb from the eBible.org repository.
Opening that Bible resulted in the spinning wheel of death. I then tried
engfbv2018eb, with the same result. Either time, I could go back to an
already-downloaded translation (that was there with And Bible), and that
worked. Downloading a new Bible from Crosswire Main worked. Downloading a full
Bible from eBible.org (engRV1895eb) worked. When I tried to
install a partial NT (engGLW1996eb), that installed, but also would not open
(spinning wheel of death).

Spin.
Spin.
Spin.
Something is hanging up or in an infinite loop...

On 03/03/2018 02:24 PM, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> Bishop 1.0.2 pushed out-- support for older devices.
>
> Found some JavaScript and CSS constructs I was using which didn't work well
> (at all) on older Android phones.  I've updated things and tested on Android
> 5.1 and iPhone 5s and seems to now work reasonably well.  Please let me know
> if you have a device which is having trouble or if you are successfully
> running on an Android release older than 5.1.  I'd like to know how old we
> can go back and still support.
>
> Thanks everyone for your feedback and time spent having a go at this,
>
> Troy
>

> On 03/03/2018 02:53 PM, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the feedback Michael,
>>
>> I have added a new menu choice:
>>
>> [ Settings ]
>>
>>   -   Font Size  +
>>
>> It seems to work well on both iOS and Android.  Please let me know if it
>> makes the app more usable for you.  The update should now be available for
>> your phone.
>>
>> Thank you again for taking the time to provide valuable feedback.
>>
>> Troy
>>

>> On 03/03/2018 04:05 AM, Michael H wrote:
>>> I already had AndBible installed.
>>>
>>> Bishop installed and recognized all the modules (at least 20+ bibles, i
>>> haven't confirmed "ALL") that AndBible has present. I haven't attempted any
>>> more module installs after installing Bishop, either from AndBible or
>>> Bishop.
>>>
>>> The text is small on my Samsung Galaxy On5. Not horribly unreadably small,
>>> but small for me to use for any length of time. I don't see settings to
>>> adjust that, so I haven't spent much time on it. I can and will test more
>>> if you have something specific.. But this isn't ready for my eyes yet. Very
>>> promising tho. :-) Based on the images in the store screen, I would be
>>> using it more if the text had size adjustment.
>>>

>>> On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 11:05 PM, Troy A. Griffitts <scr...@crosswire.org
>>> <mailto:scr...@crosswire.org>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     I've had 2 instances of problems running the app.  One was a report
>>> from a user here, and another was trying to install the app on my TV.  In
>>> both cases, the app showed a blank gray screen after install and and
>>> startup.
>>>
>>>     I have had debug versions on all my devices here at some point, so I'm
>>> not a very good clean test case.  Has anyone had any luck installing and
>>> getting the basic set of modules running? Or any problems?  Thanks for any
>>> feedback.
>>>
>>>     https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.crosswire.bishop
>>> <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.crosswire.bishop>
>>>
>>>     Troy

signature

Aloha,
*/Michael Johnson/**
PO BOX 881143 • PUKALANI HI 96788-1143*• USA
mljohnson.org <http://mljohnson.org> • Phone: +1 808-333-6921 • Skype:
kahunapule