On 12/8/23 00:09, Timothy Allen wrote:
The other thing that occurred to me is the possibility of creating a more straightforward interlinear Bible, with the source text as the base and the English as the "gloss". That would allow the source text to be presented in its natural order (instead of following the order of English grammar), but it would *also* be a lot of work and I'm not sure if it would actually be very useful.

This is in fact what my BIBdraft module does. It wasn't a lot of work, really. But I was working from *.xslx, not USFM, so perhaps what's available or accessible in USFM is harder to work with.
http://karl.kleinpaste.org/.../bibdraft.png

The view is more problematic in Hebrew than Greek due to the RtoL issue. And the module as a whole has to be given a specific RtoL nature, you can't configure that OT is RtoL and NT is LtoR. This means that the Hebrew is technically backward.