Lukas,

I agree with the concern, but we shouldn't force plugins to use a particular
license. It doesn't matter if it is BSD or MIT or LGPL. Its just that the
GPL is too restrictive.. At the end of the day it is the developers
responsibility to understand what plugins come with what license. Yes, we
will find developers that reimplement a particular plugin, but we are not
restricting what is available. I have found that most of the time developers
simply choose a license with out knowing what it means and with a quick
email to the author, they are usually will to change it to be less
restrictive.

I do not think it makes sense to constrict plugin development based on the
license alone.

- Dustin