The only problem I've experienced with Propel 1.3 and MySQL is the
DateTime object used for Time/Date/Datetime fields. It doesn't work
right now, but you can write your own workaround for that fields.

All over all, Propel 1.3 seems very stable to me. Nothing to rewrite
but the nested set things (switching from sfPropelActAsNestedSet to
Propel 1.3 implementation). Most of my sfPropel*Plugin still work with
the 1.3 release, no model rewrite ... it's damn good for alpha! :-)